Rocker Oil Line

Post Technical Questions or Technical writeups pertaining to Ariel Motorcycles
gregtexas

Rocker Oil Line

Post by gregtexas » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:35 am

Has anyone who has installed the morgo oil pump, switched the rocker oil feed line with the oil pressure gauge.
Seem some posts about this on the brit forum. If you have let me know what you did.
thanks greg

phil.auldridge

Re: Rocker Oil Line

Post by phil.auldridge » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:06 am

Yes I have.. In fact I've documented both installations in this same section.. Just read further down
I installed the Morgo after all the teeth on the oem drive were worn flat. That may have been the contributing factor for my thrown rod.
The Morgo has internally limited pressure around 65-70 PSI.
My bike stays near that cutoff during high cruise then drops to 20-25 at idle. I have had minimal issues with over oiling or leaks with the Morgo, but my engine is a recent rebuild, 1200 miles or so.
Best piece of mind addition I've made

Note that Dragan fly is NOT the cheapest source. I got mine for substantially less from another UK vendor.. Just Google.
Phil Auldridge - Austin, Texas
1953 Ariel Square 4
1997 Honda Valkyrie
1972 Norton Combat Commando
1978 BMW R100/7
1980 Honda CBX
2014 Indian Chief
1975 Moto Guzzi 850T

gregtexas

Re: Rocker Oil Line

Post by gregtexas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 am

As always thanks for the quick reply Phil. The set up I have on the 51 is a 1/8 line to feed the oil pressure gauge that you say is absent on later models, and a 3/16 line to the rockers. The fix is to swap the lines and thus reduce the oil flow from the Morgo pump from over oiling the head.
As there are head design differences between the mk1 and 2 top ends is there anyone out there that has done this on a mk1.
thanks G